A mashup of a few Dev & Design projects I've completed
This development mashup includes a combination of past Design & Development projects I've completed.
Web design and development includes meeting with clients to discuss their web needs, goals, conducting user research and analytics. I take all this information into consideration when sketching my ideas and designing web comps.
Once the client selects a design comp, I begin developing HTML and CSS files to deliver a working website. In some cases, I write PHP code so my clients can make edits, add photos and other information to parts of their site anytime, without my help by simply logging on to a CMS that's included in some web package pricing.
I've also contracted in-house at several large financial institutions in Charlotte, NC, and northern Virginia. My contributions included User Interface design, User Experience, and Product Design work as a member of large and small teams. In some cases, I worked independently as the sole designer.
Below are a few projects I designed and developed during the last couple years. Each project includes a short description of my exact role during the rollout.
Clients:Capital One Financial, Genworth Financial, Fells Point Wholesale Meats, Singleton Electric Company, Keeping Score Book, Powers Companies
Here are a few screenshots of design work I completed while working with a finacial services client. The ask was to flesh-out the provided wireframes and design any necessary user interface components.
Styleguide Design, UI Design, Prototypes
Client:Fells Point Wholesale Meats
Type:Wireframing, Web Design, HTML and CSS Editing, Photography Sourcing
Fells Point Wholesale Meats is a provider of quality meats to some of Baltimore, MD finest restaurants. As a leader in their industry they needed a website that help distinguish them form their competitors. The team at Fell Point Meats had invested in new web copy and company logo, I incorporated these elements to redesign a cleaner and more intuitive site. The redesign now allows for a seamless user experience when browsing the site. Once the final site design was approved the HTML and CSS work was outsourced, the result was a home page and one secondary HTML page with an accompanying CSS. The final steps of this project included content population and photography sourcing.
Wireframes, Web Design, HTML and CSS Editing, Photography Sourcing
Client:Singleton Electric Company
Singleton Electric Company is a family owned and operated company since 1954. Located in Washington, DC, Singleton specializes in high-quality electrical contracting and general contracting. After decades of operating without a web presence Singleton decided to make the move online and increase brand awareness. Boy did they do it in a big way!
My role for this project begin with a detailed project brief. After reviewing the project brief I begin sketching a few overall site designs and picked three to comp out in Photoshop to send to the client. After the final design was selected the PSD was sent out to be developed into HTML and CSS files.
Wireframing, Web Design, HTML and CSS Editing, Photography Sourcing
Client:Keeping Score Book
Simplicity at its best, a relationship book even a man can understand. With a humorous twist, Keeping Score provides a relationship evaluation quiz followed by a common sense guide for relationship improvement.
I remember that line jumping out at me when I first sat down with the account manager for this project, a meeting that concluded with a complimentary copy of the book I might add.
Thank goodness for technology, the author of this book was living abroad during the entire site design and development process and the project manager was in a different state than I was at the time; but we got it done.
This role included the redesign of the consumer site (Genworth.com) and the redesign of a product web page. The bulk of the team responsible for this redesign included the UX team, a few front and back-end developers and myself (UI designer). As UI designer I worked with the UX team to gather existing user data to determine the direction and main areas of focus for the redesign. After weeks of analysis wireframes were finalized. I used the wireframes to create Photoshop comps of the redesign.